Jesus our lord and savior

Jesus our lord and savior

Thursday, March 29, 2012

God Meets Us Where We Are



By Paul Chappell
"…Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

1 Corinthians 6:9–11

James Taylor loved to go wherever John Wesley was preaching—not to listen, but to throw stones and mock those who did listen. However, on the day before Taylor’s wedding, Wesley preached on Joshua 24:15, "…As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Taylor came under intense conviction and was saved. This man who once was a chief scoffer became a believer who led his family in the paths of righteousness. His grandson, James Hudson Taylor, became one of the greatest missionaries in history.

No matter what you have done in the past, when God forgives you, your slate is wiped clean. The Lord does not wait for us to "clean up our act." Instead, He meets us right where we are and then begins the process of change. That is what His grace does. God knew all about us before He saved us. He knew all the things we had done and failed to do. But all of our past sins, no matter how vile, are covered under the blood.

Satan comes to us to remind us of the past. Revelation 12:10 calls him "the accuser of our brethren." He loves to point out sins from our past to keep us from serving God as we should. If you are bound by guilt today, remember that you have been washed in the blood; and, in the eyes of God, you stand innocent before Him. Do not allow who you were to keep you from being who you are meant to be.

Today's Rooted Principle:
We may be shaped by our past, but we do not have to be bound by it.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jesus, I am so sorry. So many times I have cast judgement on those who have hurt me. I sit and condemn as the enemy does. I point out their sins and throw hatred and condemnation just as the enemy does. WHO AM I??? I am nothing. I am so sorry. Please forgive me. I do not deserve forgiveness since i have held it from others. Please help me. I want to forgive and am willing. I need You Lord Jesus. Please fill me with love for those who hurt my heart. Let me love them as You do.
    In Jesus name
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jesus, I am so sorry. So many times I have cast judgement on those who have hurt me. I sit and condemn as the enemy does. I point out their sins and throw hatred and condemnation just as the enemy does. WHO AM I??? I am nothing. I am so sorry. Please forgive me. I do not deserve forgiveness since i have held it from others. Please help me. I want to forgive and am willing. I need You Lord Jesus. Please fill me with love for those who hurt my heart. Let me love them as You do.
    In Jesus name
    Amen

    ReplyDelete