Jesus our lord and savior

Jesus our lord and savior

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Does Anyone Care?



By Paul Chappell
  "I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I."

Psalm 142:4–6

David knew all too well the pain that we sometimes experience when we feel all alone. Despite all that he had done for his nation, when Saul was pursuing him in a jealous rage, David’s former friends and supporters deserted him. His was no small difficulty, for David’s very life was in danger. He was brought to the point of desperation and found no one to help.

Charles Spurgeon wrote of this time in David’s life, "He did not miss a friend for want of looking for him, nor for want of looking in a likely place. Surely some helper would be found in the place of honour; someone would stand at his right hand to undertake his defense. He looked steadily, and saw all that could be seen, for he 'beheld'; but his anxious gaze was not met by an answering smile."

The good news is that even when others fail you, Jesus never does. On his darkest day, David could still cry out to the Lord for strength and encouragement. It’s a blessing to have friends standing by you in a difficult situation; but even if you don’t, you are not truly alone. Hebrews 13:5 tells us, "He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

Though we cannot see Christ physically, He is still very near when we are in distress. Moses knew this truth. The Scriptures tell us that during the difficulties and challenges of his life, "he endured, as seeing him who is invisible" (Hebrews 11:27). The Lord does care about your situation today, and He will support and encourage you in it.

Today's Rooted Principle:
Even if all others forsake you, Jesus never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment