Jesus our lord and savior

Jesus our lord and savior

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

God Hears Your Prayers



By Paul Chappell
"They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

Isaiah 65:23–24

As a young pastor, I was planning to attend a pastor's conference. As my wife and I sat down before I was to leave, we realized we didn’t have enough money for me to go on the trip and for her to have the things she would need for the family while I was gone. I remember saying to her, "Honey, let's pray about it." We knelt down to pray, and while we were praying the phone rang.

A dear friend said, "I had been meaning to do something for you, but I had forgotten about it. God has laid it on my heart that I need to give you some money." I said, "Thank you. That's wonderful." He said, "No, you don't understand. I am supposed to come over and give it to you right now!" He came to the house and gave me some money—and he gave my wife some money, too. God wonderfully provided even while we were praying.

Prayer is not just something for famous Christians of the past and well-known pastors; it is a vital resource for every believer. Prayer is the means by which God meets your needs and empowers your life. The great hymn writer William Cowper said it well: "Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees."

Many times we tell everyone except God what our problems are. There is a time to seek help and counsel from others, but there is no substitute for entering the throne room of Heaven and speaking to the God who hears and answers when we cry out to Him.

Today's Rooted Principle:
Instead of complaining about your needs, take them to the Lord in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment